Monday afternoon I picked the kids up from preschool and met my friend Cara at her house, where I was to pick her and her kids up for a trip to the California Academy of Science in San Francisco. We loaded all the car seats in and wouldn't you know it--my minivan wouldn't start. Sound familiar? Well, I now know how to use jumper cables, so after a little bit of confusion over how to get Cara's battery cover off (we ended up just going underneath it), we were ready to go. As we were almost to the museum, Simon said he felt like he needed to throw up. I chalked it up to motion sickness and told him we would be there soon. As soon as we got out of the car he let loose, poor thing. Thinking that was the end of it, we went on in and were ready for a day of fun. Then he threw up on the aquarium floor. Uh-oh...things started looking very un-motion sickness-y. We cleaned him and the floor with baby wipes and notified a docent. Then a little bit later it hit again. Boom. I emptied our lunch bag and he continued to use that as a vomit receptacle. I tried really hard to stay away from people in the elevators because we were a stinky mess. The thing is, after every throw-up, he'd go run and join his friends. He just didn't want anything to stop him, the dear thing.

This was taken after we had already left the museum. Simon's just trying to be a part of the gang, wearing his friend's shorts due to the throw-up he had gotten on his...
He threw up once on the way home, which is when I was starting to wonder if I was actually getting sick, or just having sympathy pains...
I was sick.
And then in the middle of the night, Rose was sick. It was awful. I got a sub for my Zumba class and Sevak stayed home in the morning to take care of us all. He also took care of getting my car towed, which was dead and obviously in need of a new battery. Anyway, our carpets, couches, and blankets sure took a beating. The kids do not know the meaning of "throw-up bowl." They also missed a birthday party that afternoon, which broke my heart even more.
Jasmine tried to cheer up her sick big sister
By nighttime I think everyone was almost back to normal, but Jazzy started coughing...she would not nurse during the night and woke up with a fever and runny nose. The poor doll. Today Sevak stayed home yet again to watch her because I had to work at the preschool. He's really been racking up the parenting credits. :) Jasmine has been sleepy and clingy and coughy and sneezy, so we've spent a lot of time like this:
She warms my back :)
I'm hoping that we'll all be back at 100% tomorrow, but there have been a couple of positives that have come of this. One is that it was kind of nice to just take a break and lounge around. As small as my little Zumba job is, I always get a little stressed out on Monday night trying to choreograph a new routine or put together my playlist. So that was nice to not have to worry about that. I also put all other cares out of my mind...email correspondence, scheduling stuff, etc. And I let the kids watch a lot of TV without feeling guilty. I also had a really great cleanse! :) I actually kind of loved the feeling where I was just about recovered, but still had very little appetite. My body just felt very clean inside. I've already ruined it with cookies tonight. :-/ Oh well, tomorrow starts another day. And let's hope it's a healthy one for my baby girl!
1 comment:
Aww! Feel better everyone! Sevak, you're a hero!
:)
Post a Comment