Last Friday Jasmine and I went on a little girls' trip to see my sister Megan in Arizona. It was a wonderful thing to be able to take a break from my two big, noisy kids and see my sissy in her cute surroundings. However, poor Jazzy was still feverish and sick, and that transferred to me during our trip, which has since transferred to my sis. I feel awful. :( We did have fun while there, though. We checked out Gilbert and ate at a fun place called Joe's BBQ. We also walked around ASU campus and downtown Tempe. I got to see Megan in action as Relief Society president in her student ward. And she cooked me some yummy food. :) She is just the best.
Aunt Megan and a sleeping Jazz (missing the Arizona sunshine we were expecting)
Just thought this was funny and random. One side has stairs, and the other side has a wheelchair-accessible ramp...oh wait--you have to go up stairs to get to it.
'A' Mountain. (A poor man's "Y Mountain")
see?
One thing that was so awesome about ASU campus was the bajillion orange trees all over the place! Megan was curiously un-enlightened on what happens to all the oranges. Can students just pick them and eat them? Does the grounds crew collect them and use them in dining services? Oh to have so many oranges at one's disposal!
A sick Jazzy getting some lovin' from Aunt Megan
While I was gone, Sevak also had a birthday. Yeah, I know. "Happy birthday, honey--you can take the kids while I go away on a trip!" We made sure to celebrate a little before I left.
The kids checked out a Dr. Seuss cookbook and one of the recipes was donuts, so this is what they chose to make Daddy. Legit, right?
Our dinner was the other half of what I made for another family...I had also brought dinner to a girl who just had a baby.
Blowing out the trick candles...muah ha ha ha
And guess what? On Sunday, Sevak's actual birthday, my friend had him and the kids over for dinner and cake! Wasn't that so sweet? She texted me this pic:
I'm glad to know my "baby" was taken care of. :)
So anyway, Jasmine's and my flight home was pretty miserable because I was starting to come into the hardest part of my sickness. I was so congested, and then I started getting this stabbing pain behind my eye. I thought I was having a stroke but realized it was probably just sinus congestion. And then that afternoon I was pretty much useless as a mother--feverish, weak and achy. The kids watched a lot of TV and I took them to the park and just lay on the bench. This morning I had to call a sub for Zumba once AGAIN, but by this evening I was feeling pretty good. I just have a bit of a stuffy nose now. We are leaving for SoCal tomorrow and I will gauge how everyone is doing in the morning. All this sickness has turned me into a paranoid freak, but at least our immune systems are totally bolstered!








6 comments:
So sorry about all the sickness. :( I hope you're all back to feeling wonderful soon!
Forgive my ramblings about Arizona below...
Is Megan in a grad program at ASU? That's where I did my undergrad. It did my heart good to see my old stompin' grounds. I've been on that same bridge spanning University Avenue many a time. Yeah, what purpose do those steps serve on the "ramp" side?
You're right, "A" Mountain does pale in comparison to "Y" Mountain. Funny though, because in my mind's eye, Tempe Butte (the official name; my friend and I affectionately referred to it as Tempe Butt) was a bit more majestic than that! Geologically speaking, though, Tempe Butte is fairly interesting. It is largely sedimentary rock, but on the north side it has striped deposits of yellow volcanic rock thrown into the sky from eruptions from what are now the Superstition Mountains about 40 miles away. Just stuff I remember from Geology 101 my freshman year.
As for your question about the oranges, I don't recall ever seeing anyone pick up an orange to snack on or anything. Citrus trees are abundant and underappreciated in the Valley of the Sun.
Oh, and I hope Sevak's birthday went well despite your being away. Happy Birthday, Sevak!
Hi Kathleen! This is Megan. I'm a first-year law student at ASU. That makes me so happy that you did your undergrad there! ASU is great. I did my undergrad at BYU but came to Arizona after college for work, and when I decided that I wanted to get a law degree, ASU seemed like a great choice for many reasons. I enjoyed your thoughts on Tempe Butte, by the way :)
I don't particularly know why, but this post made me laugh my butt off. First of all, can I just say, Megar, you look beautiful! You always do, but especially in these pictures. Nice youthful glow happening.
And Chrissie - we're on the same wavelength still, Soul Sistah. There are orange trees galore lining some streets in Corona (not groves anymore), and there are always oranges on them, and I wonder what the heck is going on. FYI I pick them all the time if I'm around and I've stopped a couple of times to pick them in residential areas. I have no idea why nobody snatches them. They're da bomb.
I also though your stabbing eye pain / stroke comment was funny. I've thought that too. Probably just the sinus pressure exacerbated by high altitude.
Love you guys!
Thanks hun! And Thanks Kathleen for the wishes.
Kathleen, you are just the best! :) I had forgotten you did your undergrad at ASU--awesome! Too bad Megan and you weren't there at the same time, because I'm sure you would be very good friends. Thanks for enlightening me on Tempe Butte, too. I now have more of an appreciation for 'A' Mountain. :)
Post a Comment