Monday, April 15, 2013

Jasmine Turns One (April 8th)

On Easter this year I was feeling nostalgic because even though it wasn't Jasmine's actual birthday, she was born on Easter 2012. What a sweet experience that was. We also got a birthday card in the mail from my wonderful midwives, so that was also making me feel nostalgic. I can't believe how time has flown!

If you'll recall, we sort of celebrated Jasmine's birthday at the same time we did Rose's at my parents' house a month ago, detailed in this post. We weren't planning on doing anything special on her actual birthday, but my sweet friend Heddy invited us to a little celebration at her place. This is the same woman who hosted Jasmine's shower at her home...she's incredibly generous! 

 pink balloons

 The kids made a mask craft...

...and the babies played with toys.

Jasmine enjoyed a few bites of her red velvet cupcake...and I enjoyed the rest. :) 

Heddy also gave Rose and Jasmine matching dresses (since Rose was also a recent birthday girl). Here's a pic of us today:

P.S. Did I mention that Rose got her ears pierced? That was a birthday present that Sevak and I "gave" her, a couple weeks after her b-day. You might catch of glimpse of her pink heart earring if you enlarge this photo.

On Jasmine's birthday night we took her and the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's. She really enjoyed the mini carousel and kept reaching toward it and trying to squirm out of my arms to get on it.


I love this girl! She has been a bit of a handful lately because she is becoming more of a toddler, but she makes our lives complete. These are some things she does:

* walks
* shakes head "no"
* kind of shakes head "yes"...she usually raises her head a little and makes her eyes big when she wants to respond in the affirmative
* blows kisses when prompted (puts hand to mouth and takes it away)
* waves "hi" or "bye"
* claps hands
* says "hi" (like all the time...)
* says "dog" in the right context ("da")
* excitedly waves and screams when she sees dogs or babies
* goes down the stairs backwards like a big girl

I love you, my sweet little Jazzy!

2 comments:

Robin N said...

Ahhhhh......thank you for the photos! I revel in my sweet grandchildren in each one! ;)

Kathleen said...

Heddy sounds like an earth angel. It brings joy to my heart that such an outstanding friend of yours helped you shower beautiful Jasmine with love and gifts. Jasmine's sweet, fun personality shines through in these photos as well as in your description of her at one year of age.

That is a lovely picture of you three gorgeous Tsaturyan girls -- beautiful matching dresses for Rose and Jasmine that complement your own. Rose's earrings look very pretty on her also. You sure have wonderful members of your family whose birthdays you celebrate this time of year (and wonderful family members whose birthdays you celebrate in August, including your own, of course ;) !