My dad found this at her house a little while ago…a picture I had never seen before.
These are a few random shots I've found in my photo library:
Jasmine and I went to her funeral in SoCal a couple of weeks ago, and it was a very poignant experience. Because we believe in resurrection and eternal families, LDS funerals are usually light and sweet…or lighter and sweeter than most. I loved being able to reunite with family members and reminisce about Grandma.
Uncle Cleve…Granmda's brother.
Jasmine with Grandma Robin
Michelle…wife of my first cousin once removed, and Grandma's nephew, Braden
All four of Grandma's granddaughters (that beautiful cousin of ours is Holly)
Handsome cousins from my mom's side
From L-R: Cousin Holly (1st cousin), Aunt Kathy, Mom, Cousin Braden (1st cousin once removed)
Jazzy with Aunt Paige
I am so grateful there was another little boy there for Jasmine to play with. She is very social, like her sister.
Paige and Holly showing off their beautiful long locks, an activity from which I was excluded
I don't think I have a pic of my daddy or Uncle Karl, but they were great throughout this whole thing. My dad gave a beautiful eulogy and Uncle Karl gave a great family prayer at Grandma's viewing. Again, I am so thankful for family, especially to be a part of the one I'm in! I love you, Grandma! I can just hear your beautiful alto voice singing in vibrato with the choirs of angels now! :)









2 comments:
Beautiful post, Chrissie! You wrote a perfectly accurate description of Grandma's sweet personality. Love the pics!
Chrissie,
I needed this!!! So beautiful and so spot-on about Grandma Ellery! Love her forever!!! Her life well-lived is a shining example to us all! <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment