Halloween was fun while it lasted, but I am definitely not sad it's over. The whole month of October was filled with candy, and that made me a little nervous (and chubby). Here are some Halloween and Fall pics.
Our "backyard" is a cement postage stamp, so we got our fill of leaf-jumping on the greenbelt of our neighborhood. Rose found a broken tree limb that we used as a makeshift rake, and the kids had oodles of fun jumping in the pile we made. Simple pleasures. If the HOA had provided us with real rakes and bags, we would have gladly cleaned up for free! :)
At the Livery's Pumpkin Jubilee. They scrounged some old costumes from our dress-up supply.
These were the costumes I made specifically for this year.
A peek at the process
Of course Rose animalized her jack-o-lantern.
Rose's field trip to a pumpkin patch
Simon's, left. Rose's, right. They drew the pictures themselves and Rose even cut out her own moon (in case you can't tell, that's a cat underneath the moon…again, so "Rose").
This little vampire surprised me when I came to pick him up from school one day.
Rose's school parade. You can't really tell from this picture, but she transformed from a T-Rex into a dragon.
Simon's school parade
Simon's class
Face painting done at Simon's class party

I taught Zumba on Halloween day and a couple of awesome peeps dressed up.
I taught Zumba on Halloween day and a couple of awesome peeps dressed up.
Rose's wings and ears are more apparent in this picture and definitely make her look more "dragon-ish." Jasmine refused to wear a costume. Oh well.
(Funny side note on Rose's mask: when Rose decided she wanted to be a dragon instead of a dinosaur, I was lazy and just said we would pin some wings to her, but she was insistent that her mask include ears. I didn't even know what dragon ears were supposed to look like, so she drew me a picture and I cut some out. I was starting to glue them on with the jagged edge facing up, but she made me turn them so they pointed outward. After it was all finished, I realized she was right--the mask looked so much more dragon-ish! She has a good eye!)
Enjoying the fruits of their labors.
Remember candy cigarettes? They're candy "sticks" now. I used to love these things! Probably because of their naughty, novel charm. Rose tried one and thought they were disgusting. I don't blame her…candy "sticks" just don't have any appeal. :)
As you can see, we had a full Halloween season. There were even a couple of other festivities that I did not document here. Like I said, I'm happy to be moving on. :)







3 comments:
Thanks for the plethora of photos, Chrissie! As always, they make me laugh...particularly Rose's pumpkin painted like a cat. Way too clever!!! These were all so cute!
Sorry this is so belated. I've been so busy. No energy for joy. Just kidding.
Ok I'm obsessed with candy cigarettes. Is it terrible that I want to reinstate those? Can we have some fun people?
Haha Swati…I'm just reading through some of these old comments again. I can totally hear your voice. Loved seeing you over T-giving! Hope to have a new post up about that soon. Ish. :)
Post a Comment