My life is all about food lately. It's just a delight to discover new and unfamiliar foods, and since I don't have a lot on my plate at the moment, I have enjoyed filling it with food. :) Punny!
Juice fest. For some reason the oranges here are green. I don't think it's because they're unripe, because they're sweet and juicy inside.
Fruits (juices) of Sevak's labor. Note also the fresh pineapple he sliced and his homemade pancakes in the background (batter courtesy of Sevak, griddling courtesy of Chrissie).
Fried okra prep
Frying of samosas (dough is flour/oil/water/salt; filling is mashed potatoes and carrots with onion, garlic, and spices). Don't mind me looking like a forlorn weirdo for some reason. I think Sevak caught me off guard.
Fried goodness
Ratatouille with eggplant, tomatoes, onions, and some kind of local variety of squash (and also some fresh thyme and lemon basil from my neighbor)
Orange juice popsicles
Large satsumas. Very yummy.
Homemade bread, with roasted bora (a super long green bean)
Our first and only out-of-home Guyanese dining experience was at the Grand Coastal hotel. They had a "Flavours of Guyana" buffet.
Jumbled on this plate there is puri, some kind of rice with lentils that I forget the name of, sautéed bread fruit, chana dal, stewed fish, and pumpkin curry.
Vermicelli cake for dessert
The kids thought it was so cool to be at a "fancy" place. It's been a while since we've eaten out!
Pretty thrilled about her tropical smoothie with pineapple and umbrella garnishes



1 comment:
how was the vermicelli cake? looks interesting.
Post a Comment