Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Everything

Get ready for some randomly-spewed photos. 

Jasmine has been really into nail polish lately.

Sevak was sweet to let her practice her interest on him.

Here's my Jasmine pedicure. Photo cred also to Jasmine.

Mother's Day presentation at church.

This fruit is soooo yummy. It's a custard apple, and it really does have a decadent, custardy taste and texture.

Inside

Granadilla. It has an interior similar to a passion fruit, but the seeds are lighter and the thick shell is more crumbly and wet. You can peel and eat the shell, unlike that of passion fruit. But it's best to blend it into a smoothie or something.

Squash totally died. Got lots of little yellow bugs on the leaves. However, our two tomato plants that survived the initial planting are extremely prolific. 

We get about this many tomatoes a day. The passion fruit is also from our yard.

Simon demonstrating his class science project for the judges.

Rose's class science project.

It is impossible for you to step out of doors here and not see some roadside animal (commonly stray dogs). I just thought that little pony was a cutie.

It's ponytail time! Haven't had a haircut since I left the U.S.!

Homemade cheese crackers.

Homemade Asian-style rice noodles with eggplant.

Edible peanut butter playdough (after school snack and activity in one!)

Sevak participating in a Father's Day relay at the embassy

End of school party. Legit face painter!

Simon requested saber teeth because we had just watched a documentary on prehistoric beasts.

It's hard to tell from this pic, but here are just some green parrots hanging out on the power lines. I think I will be surprised by the limited bird species when we get back to the U.S. (and the relative quiet-ness of North American birds). I am mostly used to the squawking that accompanies the rising of the sun now.

Here's Jasmine with her bottle of nail polish. And fabulous, sparkly dance outfit. 

Simon receiving his end-of-year award. It was for math.

Rose got one for kindness…and something else. (Meanwhile I'm not getting the award for scrupulous documentation of children's accomplishments.)

Simon's class on the last day of school.

Good memories from his first school experience in Guyana. Also note Simon's grubby fingernails in the corner. Classy.

Rose's class was a small, tight-knit group. I really liked her teacher.

Mango season! These ones are from a friend, but we are currently getting a buttload of a different variety from the tree in our backyard. I made some mango purée with these and just drank it. 

More to come within the next day or two...

2 comments:

Swati said...

O M G.

Seriously, can I move in with you guys? I love nail polish too, so Jasmine will be in good company. I love how she was eating the "o" during the mother's day celebration.

The kids look fantastic and their school life is so cute. Heck, you guys look great too.

I love you all!! So nice to catch up. Hi Sevak and kids!!!

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

Hi Swati! Yes Chrissie needs more photos of herself to take.