We got the kids some little workbooks and when they choose to use them, Jasmine always asks for her "homework" too. I usually let her doodle in a hand-me-down preschool book from one of the older kids. This was just a regular sketchbook that she took to drawing in one day.
Love those little defined scribbles. :)
I forgot to post this ages ago…my car got stuck in a ditch while I was performing a three-point turn on the way home from school one day. The school guards and a really cute senior boy came out to help. Some passerby let us use his rope and they eventually towed the van out. I think this thing happens with relative frequency in Guyana because there are so many ditches, holes and canals around…everyone seemed to know what they were doing. :)
Birthday parties are really interesting here. People go all out. Whole families attend, not only the kids who are friends with the birthday child. At first, Rose and Simon were a bit shy and bored at this party of a one-year-old girl they didn't even know, but they quickly got into the games and festivities and CANDY.
Jasmine gave a good whack. :)
Another party for Rose's little friend. "Sticking the cake" (cutting the cake) is an interesting ritual. Everyone sings Happy Birthday and then the birthday kid eats the first bite, à la wedding couples at their reception.
Garage flooded one day because a drainage pipe was blocked in the compound.
With some embassy peeps at an event at the Grand Coastal Hotel.
Eating seven curry in a lotus leaf at a friend's puja (Hindu religious function)
The yummies
A little goody bag was filled with the prasad (a sugary-buttery-flour treat) and some fruits.
Une petite Française
This little chubster likes to play in the rain.
She also likes to read to me.
Guinep season. My friend gave me a bucketful of these delicious suckers. The skin looks a bit like that of lime, but it is not citrusy. You bite it and it pops open easily. Inside, a large seed is covered with a juicy orange pulp. You suck on it...sweet and fun to eat!
Final goodbye with the ambassador at the Fourth of July party at his home. The Deputy Chief of Mission has now become the chargé.
Jasmine is becoming such a little goof.











6 comments:
Treasure trove!!! Love the photos even if they are a bit random! ha! I can hardly wait for Jasmine to do some "homework pages" for me in California. Honestly, her "scribbles" are a good sign to me of some mighty fine cursive writing in the future! Wouldn't you know, though, that California schools are going to phase out cursive instruction? At least that's the buzz I hear. Complete idiocy if you ask me!
I love that Jasmine is wearing a Snow White dress. She totes reminds me of Aunt Paige. (And her goofy pose in the last picture reminds me a little bit of her Aunt Megan at a young age. Hee hee.)
Cool post!
Mom - I never learned how to write cursive in my life.
PS that was me- (Sevak above instead of Chrissie :).
I loved Jasmine's scribbling. It was very intricate. I really need to check your blog more often. I love the pics.
Yes! My favorite blogger is back!!
Post a Comment