Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Coming to Terms

I am coming to terms with the fact that I might never catch up on the many months I've missed on my blog. According to my last post, I still need to account for November 2014 - today. That might come at some point, but for now, let me put up a few pics from my laptop (the battery hasn't been working so I've just been using Sevak's for a long time…I think I might have momentarily fixed mine, or at least enabled it to run by the power adapter, which wasn't even happening before). So without further ado... 

 Sisters belaying/climbing

Sisters matching

 Fun on the zip line in the yard

Jasmine went through a period of couple of months where she wanted to wear only a cherry-patterened dress that used to be Rose's (hanging from bicycle in picture). It's two sizes too big on her and she used to want to wear it even when it was dirty. In this picture it had either been peed or pooped on, and I hung it in the garage/laundry room so she wouldn't try to wear it. She camped underneath it for a good long while…

One day a couple of my lady friends and their kids came over to play. I didn't know how to attach harnesses to the rock wall (typically Sevak's duty), but my Austrian, Alps-climbing friend scurried on up there and got it all sorted out in a jiffy.

 100 years old for the 100th day of kindergarten

He was pretty pumped about this chore, even though it doesn't appear to be so. Working to earn a Kindle tablet. :) 

 Jasmine was excited to get a valentine from Great-Grandma Rosemary.

 I came to Jasmine's school one day to lead an ice/water activity.

I just posted the upcoming pictures on FB with the following caption:

My funny boy generally does not complain about homework and is rather well-behaved, but on a couple of recent assignments he has chosen to air some grievances…
The first assignment, in which he was supposed to use the word "here" in a sentence, reads:
"I hate my homework here."
Clever...
The second assignment from a week or so later has a note scrawled across the top and side…deciphered, it reads,
"I am not doing half of my homework and it is boring."
Ok then.
I promise he is not as delinquent as he sounds!



My computer just died and I am finishing up on Sevak's laptop now. I should have knocked on wood before I went bragging about fixing my comp! Anyway, I guess I'll hit the sack for now. Maybe I'll try to get some more pictures sorted out soon.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I actually read this a couple of months ago, but I failed to comment until now. Love the pics!!