Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Sevak has mentioned how Rose is like a mini version of me, what with all her coolness and attractiveness and intelligence. Haha...j/k. Here are two things I can think of:


Rose's drawer--notice all the pink


My closet--notice all the pink


Little red spot on the bottom of neck (and on scalp, too)


Little red spot on the bottom of neck (I don't know if you can tell because of the hair in the way--I took this photo myself)

(Incidentally, I'm sure you noticed Rose's bald spot. Poor little thing. Every time she wakes up in the morning we find tiny little baby hairs on her sheet! I think the friction from moving her head back and forth causes them to fall out.)

Sevak has also mentioned that Rose's facial expressions are like mine. For example, when she wakes up she stretches and yawns totally over-dramatically, which is what I do, I guess...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

From one older mother to a younger mother--If you can find a silky, satin-like sheet or if you feel comfortable putting a silky blanket under her when she sleeps, that will reduce the amount of hair loss.

Julia and Aaron said...

Yeah, I was going to say that I think the hair loss thing is pretty normal now that we put babies on their backs to sleep. Eldon and Lilly had a REALLY hard time sleeping on their backs and finally ended up on their tummies. The bald spot went away when they didn't sleep on their backs.

Anyway, I'm definitely not advising putting them on their tummies...just saying it's pretty normal and not too big of a deal. The hair will come back!

Glad to see all the pics! I really enjoy all your "Rose" posts!

Laura said...

That red spot thing is pretty interesting. I love to see babies develop their personalities. I think that it's so cool that some things about us are so inherent. She's sure a cutie.