
I checked this movie out from the library and it was...interesting. While watching it, I thought it was an older film, but apparently it was only made in 2003 (the animation is really old-fashioned, but kind of cool). I have to say, it was certainly imaginative. The plot is totally random, but there's a definite conflict, climax, and resolution. It was all in French (I tried to set the language to English, to no avail), but even a non-French speaker would be able to understand what's going on because most of it is pantomime (Sevak can attest). You can tell that the movie is kind of satirical, because certain French and American stereotypes are sprinkled throughout (frog-eating French and fat Americans, to name a couple). I haven't yet figured out what exactly I think about this movie--I feel like I've either been enlightened or been introduced to what it feels like to be on drugs. Like I said, it was...interesting!*
*I'm not implying that drugs are interesting or cool in any way. Hugs, not drugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment