Megan watched Rose--we were so grateful that she took time out from her busy studying schedule to "help a sistah out."
Yesterday I went to a "Spouses Luncheon"--the MBASA had the opportunity to meet with the spouses of the NAC. Also very cool. One realization: Relief Society events and any other predominantly-female event will all feature one entree 90% of the time: chicken salad. Not that I'm complaining. This chicken salad was especially delicious and very artfully arranged on a plate with a crescent roll, macaroon, and a delightful little demitasse of chocolate mousse. Another realization: not only does my body have lingering reminders of pregnancy--my emotions do, too. For some reason I had to hold back tears as "Living Legends" (a Native American, Polynesian, and Latin American dance troupe) performed a routine. Nowadays I always get teary during artistic/cultural presentations.
Yesterday evening Sevak and I went to SLC with our friend Shevaun. Sevak was doing some translation work at the conference center, so Shevaun and I hung out at Gateway Mall. Here are Rose and Elle enjoying their ride:
We also visited our old roommate Elizabeth who was in town. Here's a pic of us all. Unfortunately, you're only getting the top half because our photographer, Sevak, didn't realize that his angling and my button-up shirt were not conducive to modesty (And this is AFTER I buttoned myself up. Earlier that night as I removed my jacket, Elizabeth quickly alerted me of a wardrobe malfunction--apparently I had forgotten to button up after nursing Rose in the car. Luckily it was just us girls and Sevak in the room).

This afternoon we went to my sister-in-law's play, Lucky Stiff. It was so cute and Jill did an awesome job. I think even Rose enjoyed it from time to time. Tonight we went to an MBA Halloween party. Rose dressed up as "a girl in pink wearing a tutu her mother made hours before."
It has been a fun-filled weekend.
6 comments:
I had a lot of fun with you! Let's get together again soon. I love rose's Halloween costume too. You'll have to show me how to make one of those tu-tus.
Awwww! Rose is sooo cute! She's growing up so fast, though. I feel like she was born like 3 months ago!
actually, i told mark that's who we should be! i have a suit and everything. i don't think he's too interested. :(
other ideas are definitely welcome. i have NO idea.
I loved her Halloween costume. Thanks for the comments on the my blog. I am so glad I have your blog address now. I am so glad that we have the chance to get to know your family.
Remember like 15 halloweens ago? It fell on a Sunday and you guys couldn't go out, so we trick-or-treated at your church the night before? Memories...
Yes, Lauren! Those were some good times. We just went out in my parents' neighborhood last night (post coming soon), and it was pretty dead. It made me long for the good ol' days when tons of kids would be in the street.
Post a Comment