Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rose (Belated Post)!

Rose's birthday was actually on Wednesday. We didn't do much to celebrate on that particular day, other than have her open one of her gifts--a potty:



Despite the expression in the picture, Rose actually really enjoyed this new contraption! It's still too early to start seriously training her, but we thought we should get her a potty so she could get used to the idea of it being around. She does occasionally bring us diapers when she needs a change, so we took that as a sign.

Anyway, the majority of her birthday celebration was done today. We had cake and ice cream with some of her little friends. Here are the cakes, which I made myself (with the help of Betty Crocker and "Dr. Oetker" [some organic brand]):



Here are some of the guests:







And here's Rose thoroughly enjoying her cake:



I'd say it was a good day, since Rose is already asleep. She is such a character. We love our one-year-old!

P.S. The candle wasn't lit because the wind kept blowing it out (I even had Sevak make a special trip to the store to get matches...oh well)!

P.P.S. The weather was AWESOME today, as you can probably tell. It actually reminded me of what it was like a year ago in California. ;)

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, sweet little Rosebud. What a doll! I enjoyed hearing Sevak laughing as he was videotaping! Wish we could've been there. I can't believe how warm it looks out there in Utah!

Katie said...

Happy birthday little Rose. That was fun, thanks for inviting us!

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday, Rose!! (+ 3 days:) That was the cutest partaking of a 1-yr-old's birthday cake I've ever seen!! Love how you picked up your your whole slice with your right hand and ate it like it was something you've been doing your whole life, Rose. Enjoy having your cute green froggy potty around. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind a bit if you decided to ditch the diapers and become adept at the potty before summer is over. That would be an amazing feat!! And it would be nice for your parents to use that $ for other things, too, though I'm sure they're not pressuring you in any way to rush that part of growing up! Chrissie, love how the weather reminded you of CA weather at this time last year when you gave birth. Those details--the sunshine, the wind, the smell of the air--at such a special time are details forever etched in your soul that are just as important as the statistical facts everyone else cares about, e.g., time of birth, weight of baby, length of baby, etc. Congratulations on the 1st birthday of your and Sevak's gorgeous baby girl!

Julia and Aaron said...

Happy Birthday, Rose!! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I really wasn't into birthdays until the kids came along and now it is so fun to make a big deal out of it! You guys look great! Glad you got to enjoy the beautiful weather!

p.s. Sorry I don't comment much anymore...there never seems to be enough time! I still love reading your blog though!