Friday, March 13, 2009

Rose Gets "Cultured"

Today I needed to run a couple of errands on campus and pick Sevak up from his class. After my errands, however, I had tons of time to spare. Rose and I decided to head to the MOA (Museum of Art) to check out the Walter Wick exhibit (author/artist of I Spy books). She was mildly amused, but what she really got a kick out of was the Dan Steinhilber exhibit (modern art). Large balloon sculptures and such are intriguing to a child (and anyone, I would imagine). Most of the stuff was fun and colorful, but there were a couple of rooms that kind of freaked me out. They were just so quiet, filled with weird stuff. One was just a dark room with a video of nothing but static playing. There was one room with a bunch of packing peanuts in one corner, faced by blowing machines. The machines weren't running when Rose and I first walked through, but on our way out, they randomly started and the whole pile of peanuts rose up in a large wave. You should have seen Rose's reaction--she was scared out of her mind! I have to admit, I kind of was too! We stood there for a minute because I thought it was fun to watch, but Rose just clung to me and made her scared sounds. Haha...poor thing. Here's a link to a picture of the exhibit: link.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What an experience?! Poor Rose! That would startle me, too! That's cool that she was more fascinated by the Steinhilber exhibit than the Wick one. I clicked on the link, and that's a pretty cool exhibit. The hanging tower of swings is awesome. But I don't think any exhibit at the MOA will ever compare to Dr. Olivier's Nostalgia and Technology exhibit 3 years ago!

Mo Daddy said...

okay first of all I thought you were in cali 'cuz Sevak got a job?! but OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE BACK TO Provo?! Both going to school...
Rose has been to MOA huh?! that's great, oh what can I say I miss the campus!

ps you made bahlava???
Lilit