The girl on the right and I are the closest to our due dates--hers is August 29th; mine is August 31st. The rest are due between October and December.
My favorite gift was a cute little onesie with a tie sewn on. Now Simon has something to wear to church!
I was honestly hoping that I wouldn't be at the shower (due to a hospital visit). It's just that I know so many women who have had babies recently, and they've all delivered about two weeks before their due date. I wanted to follow the trend. Plus, Rose was four days early, so I thought this one would be even earlier than that. I know, I know...people often go later than their due dates, so I shouldn't complain--yet. Just wait until August 31st comes...if there's no baby by then, watch out (that means you, Sevak)! Last night, in a fit of hormonal rage, I called him an idiot--he won't let me forget it. I just hope I don't resort to harsher language as time wears on.
7 comments:
I'm so glad they do that! I always thought when I lived in Wymount that it would be fun especially since so many of the moms there are first time moms and deserve all the excitement, even if everyone else is having babies too :) I'm not going to offer any words of encouragement about the due date thing. It just stinks, that's all there is to it and nothing makes it better except getting that baby out :)
cool! but what about presents? does everyone who comes bring one present for each baby? that's a lot of presents.
Dani, in regards to presents: people who attend can bring gifts if they want, but there's no obligation. Most people bring gently used items or things they never used that still have tags on them. All the stuff goes on one big table and all the moms take turns choosing what they want. The compassionate service committee also provides a small little goody bag for each mom.
That's a fun way to be acknowledged! Chrissie, you still look great that far along!!! Must be hard to still be waiting when you envisioned being done already. For your own sanity, I'm sure hoping Simon comes soon. I think your "harsh" language is easily forgivable. For me, my uncouth ways didn't get unleashed till the recovery, but boy did they! You're probably a better person than I!
We're so excited for you guys and I hope you have your baby soon! Miss you all!
You ladies look great. What a worthwhile activity!
Come out Simon!!
Post a Comment