Sunday, November 22, 2009
Like Daughter, Like Mother
A little while ago, Sevak came back from a church meeting. I had been sitting here eating a mix of Herhsey kisses, Rolos, and mini peanut butter cups, and there was a huge pile of wrappers to prove it. As soon as I heard Sevak's keys in the door, I crumpled up the wrappers and began stuffing them in my sweatshirt pocket. It's just that the empty wrappers of those mini candies make it look like you've eaten more than you really have (and I had already eaten more than I should have, even if there were no wrappers whatsoever). So anyway, I was kind of ashamed of my huge pile of candy trash. I obviously don't have too many regrets--Sevak will eventually read this post and the tons handful of people that read this blog are also in on my piggish tendencies. I just thought it was kind of funny...after I dumped the trash I felt like Rose trying to hide the evidence of her naughty behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i do it all the time. the other day i caught mark minimizing a computer game as i walked by. :)
My husband will buy bags of candy without telling me, and hide them in the freezer. I need to go on more candy hunting expeditions.
And I wish they made the FHE adventures to fit in the fanny packs!
I so relate to this, Chrissie. I got into Paige's Halloween candy a couple weeks ago and went to town on some of the stuff. You're right--the wrappers do pile up and one must be very vigilant in disposing of the evidence quickly. Lisa's remark about Mark minimizing the computer game made me laugh. How many times have I seen that happen at school? Or with my own husband? Too many!
I totally relate! Especially in Relief Society! I mean, when the candy bowl is passed around I ALWAYS take two and everyone else just daintily takes one or passes the bowl on without taking ANY! It's like, "What!? How can you not take any?! I live for candy!!!" Yeah... totally relate...
I love it! I do the same thing but I try to hide my candy wrappers in different garbages around the house so if Jeff sees them he doesn't think too much about it :)
Oh, Chrissie, I think that makes everyone love you all the more! I kind of do the same thing, except my hurried cleanup usually involves rushing around the living room and clearing some sort of space so Daniel can actually walk into the kitchen without tripping over toys, books, clothes, hangers, boxes (all Symphany's treasures:). I'm trying to keep things picked up a bit better throughout the day, but some of my indulgences lie in letting things go and relishing in a little laziness...
Post a Comment