Saturday, November 21, 2009
Lost & Found, Part Two
Remember when I lost some things (featured in this post) a little over a month ago? Well, I still haven't found the cell phone or the pink flip flop, but I did find my white one! The other day it was just randomly sitting on the floor of my room. Thinking it was my single flip flop that's been showing up here and there for a month (Rose likes to play with my shoes), I went to put it back in my closet. Lo and behold, its mate was already there! I had been scouring the house the whole month trying to find these items, and one of them just randomly pops up in a totally conspicuous location?! I was almost going to throw that single flip flop out because I was tired of seeing it alone. ALSO, we had lost a Baby Einstein DVD that we checked out from the library. I had never even seen it--when I went to open its case, it wasn't there. Anyway, I was worried we'd have to pay a huge fine, so I scoured the house AGAIN. This morning Sevak let Rose wander around while we lay in bed a little longer. When I finally came out to check on her, the DVD was sitting right on top of the DVD player! She must seriously have some secret hiding place from which she pulls these things out occasionally. I wish she'd show it to me so I can retrieve my cell phone (we already got me a cheap-o one from Walmart, so I don't really need it, but I'm just so curious to know where it is)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glorious day! How fortunate you delayed throwing away the lonely white flip flop. I imagine your relief and surprise was similar to my own when I found the match to my pink ballet shoe after our move. And the library's DVD, too! What a find! If you ever find out where Rose's secret stash is, do tell! Was the latter find timely, i.e. did the due date already come and go? Hope you didn't/won't have to pay any late fees :)
Maybe you should encode your belongings--such as cell phones--with something similar to "the clapper" (the sound activated thing that turns on lamps with the clap of your hands). It would be fun to "bust" Rose on her stash of items. What the heck is she doing??!! ;)
PS I just had a random memory. Remember that funky item I bought back in PA that was supposed to turn on lamps with your voice? We used to say something, and it worked about 5% of the time?? Please remind me what it was that we said??
Lamp commander!!! (Wasn't that in Corona, though, Mom?)
You know, I think you're right, Meg (about the Corona thing). And, I think in our frustration of its complete uselessness, we had a few choice words for it. ;) I actually wish I still had that. . it was pretty fun.
Man, Mom and Megan--I do not even remember that lamp commander thing! My memory absolutely sucks!
And Kathleen, the due date had not yet come, so hallelujah!
Post a Comment