Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Je m'appelle Micheline, comme les pneus"

Translation: My name is Micheline, like the tires

This is how a lady introduced herself to us at church. She must feel awfully lucky to live in the same city as Michelin's headquarters. We certainly do. It's awesome seeing good ol' Bibendum on a regular basis.

(This guy):



(Who used to look like this in the past):



Anyway, a few weeks ago we took the "Michelin adventure," which I never posted. Here are some pics:

Never ride a motorcycle without your cheerio container

Aboard a fake micheline (not to be confused with the lady from church). A micheline is like a train on tires. Never ride one without your pink Barbie brush.


Couldn't resist taking a picture in front of a big tire.


Couldn't resist taking a picture in front of regular-sized tires.

So, that's that. It was actually a pretty large museum and there were some interesting things on display. We also got to see a guy making a tire.

3 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! I love Rose's pigtails, by the way.

Robin N said...

That was cute of Rose atop the big motorcycle....kind of reminds me of when she was perched atop the bull statue on Wall Street. Thanks for this insight into Michelin...now I know where my Costco tires come from!

Swati said...

I LOVE THIS. Gosh that Rose is one fly biker chick. Did you ever see that Michelin commercial with a baby cradled in a tire? Maybe they'll recruit Simon!!!