Saturday, March 27, 2010

Funny Stuff

Mormons talk a lot about the "spirit" and the presence or absence thereof. We also abide by something called the "Word of Wisdom" which prohibits the use of alcohol and other addictive and dangerous substances. This is why you'd almost never hear any Mormon say, "the spirit was so strong at the pub". However, this is what Sevak said to me as he and I were g-chatting this morning--I kid you not. He didn't even think about the irony, but it made me laugh out loud. Apparently he went with some of his school friends to "happy hour" to celebrate the termination of their course (he got a coke, in case you were wondering). Anyway, I guess they got on the topic of religion and had a really deep discussion about their beliefs and whatnot. Sevak stayed up till three talking to one of his friends in particular. I think he really ended his France experience on a good note. He nailed his final presentation, and he bonded with his buds at the pub. I guess he became particularly close to two Brazilians and went out to eat with them today. The landlady issue still hasn't been completely resolved, but it looks like we will most likely get at least some of the deposit back (maybe not until May, though...). Sevak comes back on Tuesday so I guess he'll just chill until then. He actually goes to London on Monday and will fly out of there the next day.

Anyway...back to that funny quote thing. Rose has come up with some real doozies lately. It's not that she says anything particularly witty, but the way she tries to communicate with her limited vocabulary is hilarious. Yesterday we were driving and she said "dee tuck." I didn't understand, and was therefore going to dismiss it with my usual "oh, that's nice." However, she added a "Satta Caws" (Santa Claus) and that piqued my curiosity. I looked over and saw that there was indeed a picture of deer (dee) on a truck (tuck); yes, they looked a great deal like reindeer (hence the "Santa Claus"). It makes me wonder what else I miss when I dismiss her unintelligible ramblings.

Lately she and Simon are so incredibly cute together. Sometimes she'll scream and Simon screams back in the same tone (or vice-versa). Oftentimes she wants to go down the slide with him or "dance" with him (hold his hands and walk around with him as I hold him in a standing position). She also likes to feed him Gerber puffs, which I have recently started giving him. I might post a video of that soon--I took one today. Simon is eating a lot more solids and is sitting up nice and strong. He's rolling around like crazy and is starting to push himself up a bit. I just cannot believe how time flies. It seems like it's gone faster with him than Rose.

So that's all I have to say about Sevak and the kids for now. Signing off.

3 comments:

Sevak Tsaturyan said...

Love and Miss you guys a ton! - Sevak (Daddy)

Kathleen said...

Thanks for telling us these stories! Reading about what Sevak communicated to you made me chuckle, too. And that's a really cool story! I can't imagine how relieved he must feel to be done with his overseas coursework. It's wonderful that he'll be back in just a few days!!

Rose's "dee tuck" and "Satta Caws"--oh, there just aren't words to express how adorable she is! I also snickered a little at your polite dismissal, just because that sounds like something I would say in that situation. Rose has quite the vocabulary. I'm still amazed at how she could perfectly say, "Octupus!" before she officially hit 18 months!

That must be so rewarding to see/hear your two children interacting and communicating with each other in their own little ways. If you ever catch their duo screaming on video, we'd love to witness that, too! And you're right. It does seem that Simon's first year is going by even faster than Rose's did. Congrats to Simon on his increased strength and mobility, not to mention the fine foods for which he is developing a palate :P.

Swati said...

I want to see the puffs video!!!!!!!!!!!