Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Hodgepodge of Stuff...Mostly Complaining

It has been a while since I last blogged, but it seriously feels like Simon is in my arms the whole day and then when he goes to bed I just want to relax! He went to bed at a quarter to nine last night, and that was definitely approaching my bedtime anyway. Oh, and I usually can't do anything during his naps, either, because they often take place in the car. Sometimes the kids fall asleep there and I just park and sit, because trying to take them in the house would most certainly wake them up. It's hard to get Simon on a routine because he always falls asleep in the car, throwing off any chances of sleeping in a real bed at home. And my routine changes a lot, too.

Anyway, enough of my complaining. I took Sevak to the airport early Saturday morning so he could fly back to France for his week-long class. He says it is much harder than his first class was. We also found out that our landlady screwed us big time--she was supposed to wire us back our deposit, but has not been responding to any of our emails. I even tried calling her, but she hung up after I told her who I was. We're trying to ask our middleman to help...we'll see if we can work this all out. I'm just mad because she was so nice. I highly suspect that she found out we are Mormon and is holding prejudices. Really hope that's not the case.

There have been a few other little blips while Sevak's been in France, namely his HSBC ATM card expiring, but I'll spare the details. Just anxiously awaiting his return this Tuesday.

Ooops...I guess I was complaining again. Well, Simon is in my arms now so I'll just add a picture or two and end this post. Don't worry...things are not as bad as they seem. We're in good health, the kids are cute, etc. etc. I'm grateful to be living with Sevak's family while he's away. Don't think I'd make it otherwise!


Before Sevak left, we ate at Tucano's for Rose's and his birthday. Yummy.

(Speaking of food and Rose, she's basically eating nothing but cheese and bread lately)

Video of the kids playing outside:



Other note: Simon is currently getting his second bottom tooth in. I think that is adding to his fussiness. He's also become a fan of grabbing at my jugular vein and neck skin. Painful.

5 comments:

Robin N said...

So bummed to hear about your French landlady! Is there any kind of an agency in France that helps visitors with disreputable business people such as she? (Fat chance, I suppose!) Is there any kind of a French website (such as "Yelp") where you could really broadcast her deceptiveness to other would-be renters? She needs a wake-up call on her rudeness! RE Rose's love of bread and cheese, I guess Europe must've rubbed off on her a bit. Then again, I've never been there and am a huge fan of those items myself. Must be in the Scandinavian genes.

Craig said...

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. Did Paige pick up the Pain and Cheese program in France? She must be pretty bound up. Best of luck with your shifty landlady!

Chrissie said...

You mean Rose, Daddy? ;)

Julia and Aaron said...

That's just awful about the landlady. There are a lot fewer French Mormons though and I think there is more prejudice against the church there. Still just awful though. There has to be somewhere you can report her even if she doesn't ever return your deposit.

I'm sorry about naps too. My kids did that when they were little--fall asleep in the car and then not nap very long. It's hard to work around little ones' sleep schedules because they take naps so often. I hate being stuck at home also, which is kind of where you are at if you want really little ones to nap on a schedule in their own bed.

Good luck with everything!

Kathleen said...

In reference to your more recent post, I sure hope she does come through with at least part of your deposit. But really, why wouldn't she be able to return all of it?! And why not until May?! Sheesh! And, for what it's worth, I appreciate posts that aren't necessarily all chipper and rosy. It somehow makes me (and probably everyone else, too) feel less guilty for not being a Pollyanna 100% of the time, even though more steady optimism is what I'm continually striving for. Also, I'm so sorry that sleeping-schedule-wise things have been so rough with two children. Sounds like Simon's sleeping habits have been all too parallel to Symphany's. That's partly why I think it has only been divine providence that we didn't have a second child so soon after our first. Honestly, I feel like I'm only now beginning to recover from long, drawn-out sleep deprivation. And the trouble is, once you start to feel human again, it's a difficult thing to imagine giving up full nights of sleep again. But, obviously, a sacrifice well worth it!