At a Brazilian restaurant
The gang included Germans, Brazilians, and, of course, an Armenian-American
It's so nice to have him home. We went out to lunch the day after he got back and it felt awesome to not have to load and unload two kids into/from the car all by myself. Just a small example of why it's nice to have a husband home--there are many other reasons, of course! :) I'm not looking forward to his upcoming trips: (1) China for a week and a half right after graduation, (2) Switzerland/NY for a month or more during July and August (training for his job at Credit Suisse).
During Sevak's absence the kids had fun playing with their aunts and uncles (some of whom are close enough in age to possibly be siblings). Some of the activities included: Easter egg hunts, playing with playdough, playing with Grandma J's "antique" playmobil dollhouse, jumping on the trampoline, etc. Rose loved playing outside whenever weather permitted. It still snows intermittently and unexpectedly (the joys of Utah weather). The other day Rose went in the backyard, but I didn't follow her immediately because the gates keep her in. However, on this particular occasion the cat was out and it hopped the fence. Rose--who loves to chase the poor creature--figured out how to open the gate and followed it to the front yard. We went out there and she was standing at the bottom of the gate, yelling at the cat who was perched atop it. She also torments the poor dog, which makes me sad because she used to adore it. I have no idea what causes her mood swings sometimes.
Here are a couple of pics of the kids playing today; I know Mama J. has more stuff on her camera that I'll have to get later.
I also enjoyed the entertainment of being amongst family while Sevak was gone. My sister-in-law introduced me to the Twilight saga (movies only--don't have time for the books), and I must say, I quite enjoyed it. I watched Twilight with her and stayed up watching New Moon before I picked Sevak up from the airport. We've had post-movie discussions in which she has answered all my vampire questions 'cause Jill's cool like that.
So anyway, to close, here's that video of Rose feeding puffs to Simon. Probably not the most sanitary of an activity for either of them, but cute.
2 comments:
Thank you, Chrissie. I was waiting for an update! Simon is looking a lot "older" to me..as is Rose. Loved the cheese puff video!
How wonderful it must be for Sevak to be finished with that class and to be home again! Rose did an excellent job feeding her baby brother. Such a cute video!
Post a Comment