Pretty sweet, huh? This pic is mostly for my parents.
In other news, we moved back into our apartment last night and it's great to be home! We definitely miss Sevak's family, but we're also happy to have access to all our stuff again and be a little closer to campus and Rose's friends. One drawback is that there are only two rooms. Last night we put the kids in the same room and it was a little problematic. I think it would have been better if Rose hadn't woken up crying. Yeah, lately Rose has been the one giving us problems. A few nights ago she woke up multiple times, one time calling for "Gamma J." I think she's been having some bad dreams. I am hopeful that this night will be better because the actual putting-to-bed was less stressful and the kids' room is less messy (I always sleep better in a clean environment). Simon actually woke up a few minutes ago, but I went in and Rose was still sleeping. I nursed him for a little and gave him a binky and he went back down. Whew--let's hope this works! It is cute seeing the kids share a room. It just brings their siblinghood to a whole new level. Oh, and it's also cute seeing Rose in a real bed. We borrowed a toddler bed from Sevak's fam and she really likes it.
Tonight Sevak went to the priesthood session of General Conference and the kids and I played on the playground. Simon kept trying to eat the wood chips, which caused Rose to break out into riotous laughter. She had fun playing with him, and insisted that he ride a red bike as she rode a pink one. She also asked to go down the slide with him a few times. Such cuteness. Here's to an equally cooperative night.
5 comments:
Oh my...we're trying to put Eve and Sophie in the same room, but it's been a disaster so far...I first put Sophie down (who happens to be a great sleeper) and after a little while, we put Eve down, but she keeps on waking Sophie up ON PURPOSE which causes me to turn into a MONSTER, we end up taking Eve out of the room and let her sleep in the guests room, although she throws a tantrum saying she wants to be in the same room as Sophie...ugh. Good luck on your side! Glad to hear you got your apartment back!
Oh my gosh, I love the Bubba shoes! The only thing that's missing now is a trip to Sesame Place! Your dad just asked me where I got those shoes, and I think it was JCPenney. They've held up well all these years. (I could be wrong but I don't think your sisters wore those.)
Wow. This is one of my favorite posts and I think it's because of the bubba shoes. I had shoes like that, but they were schoolbuses, and they were hand me downs from my sister. But we called them the schoolbus shoes. Sorry I keep spelling school bus wrong. I agree that sharing a room brings siblinghood to a whole new level. Rose is a trooper though. I know that I was scared of my bed for a long time when my parents first got it for me.
Yay for cuteness!
What a cute girl!
Welcome home! Those shoes look so cute on beautiful Rose! It's fun to picture a little Chrissie toddling around wearing those a few years prior ;). No, seriously, time flies and I bet it seems like only a couple years ago that you had those on your own two feet. And maybe to your parents it seems like only yesterday. That would be fun for Rose to pass them down to her first little girl someday.
Post a Comment