Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Kids' New Ride

Yesterday I posted our single jogging stroller for sale on the MBASA (MBA Spouses' Association) google group, and I immediately received a slew of emails. I LOVE the MBASA--it has benefited me so much during Sevak's time in the program. It's how I was able to do a babysitting swap during Sevak's rigorous first semester so I could go to class, it's how I found out about the aerobics classes I go to and teach at, it's how I've gotten lots of clothes and toys for the kids (they do "Gifts of the Heart" Exchanges), etc. Anyway, gotta love the MBASA.

Also, thanks to the MBASA I've learned about BOB strollers. It seems like I've seen at least two MBASA girls post about their BOBs on their g-chat statuses. At first I was like, "what the heck is a BOB?" I googled it, and this is what I came up with: click here. Today Sevak took the kids to the BOB outlet while I was working on my thesis (first time in a looooong time), and he surprised me with this:



They were having a sale on it, so Sevak got it for over 100 dollars less than it retails for. I couldn't find it that cheap anywhere online, plus it's brand new! The weather was gloomy and kind of chilly today, but Rose was itching to go for a ride, so I finally acquiesced. I wasn't even planning on running with it, but it was so delightful that I wanted to run with it. It's like pushing air. I think this thing is definitely going to be a motivational tool for workouts. Sevak is excited too.

Also, yesterday was Easter and we woke up to this:



Luckily the weather improved later in the day, but it didn't really matter because we stayed inside and watched General Conference. Later in the day we went to my mom's cousin's house and enjoyed the most delicious meal (we always eat well when we go there). We forgot our camera's battery so we didn't get any pictures, but everyone was lookin' good. :) It was a wonderful day, and the best and most important part of it was that we got to celebrate our Savior's resurrection. I am so thankful for his atonement.

So, that was our Easter and the recent stroller acquisition. Kind of a random juxtaposition, but both good things.

P.S. In case you were wondering, the sleep situation hasn't really improved. Rose is currently sleeping in our room. I'm still hopeful that we'll eventually get into a groove.

3 comments:

Robin N said...

That BOB stroller sort of reminds me of a rickshaw, or those "people-moving vehicles" that you see on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. It does look fun. Good job, Sevak, on the bargain that you got!

Robin N said...

In looking at this photo again, Simon reminds me of a little paratrooper. (The straps and stroller background could vaguely look like a parachute?) Whatever he looks like, he and Rose are darn cute. ;)

Kathleen said...

Wow, a BOB! What a fantastic purchase! I've heard those are the best strollers around and worth every penny. And I bet you feel even better about your purchase knowing Sevak found a great sale. Have fun using that!