Saturday, April 10, 2010
Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: Potty Training
We've begun the first stages of potty training and Rose has already had a few success stories! I wasn't even expecting to start yet, but the other day she was showing a lot of interest in her froggy potty so I let her sit on it for a while. I told her that if she went pee-pee I would give her a sticker. She kept saying, "hard," and I reassured her that she only had to do it when she was ready. Well, eventually she got a tiny bit out, so I made a big deal about it and she was excited. A little later she did some more, and then a little later she had an accident. :) Today she went pee-pee in the potty again and has also had a couple of accidents, one of which was #2, but it was easy to clean up if you catch my drift. So anyway, we're just taking this really slowly and letting her get used to the idea of wearing panties. I was absolutely dreading the whole potty training thing, but so far it's not stressing me out. Good sign. Keep up the good work, Rose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad it's going better than you expected! Go Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How glorious to be well on your way to having only one child in diapers! Congrats, Rose!! Just a question, do you think Rose might have said "hard" in reference to the comfort of the frog potty or lack thereof rather? Maybe she did mean "difficult." But I was wondering. Maybe it would be even easier for her if she had a soft seat to sit on, even if it was one of those inserts you put directly on the toilet seat.
Good point, Kathleen. I do think she was referencing the difficulty, though, because earlier in the day I had told her that it might be "hard," but it would eventually come.
I'm totally impressed with Rose's good attitude!! That's half the battle....or maybe even 7/8 of it!! Kathleen is right...a soft seat might be a good ploy for her. I had one of those for one of you kids and I'm remembering it was well received. Good work, Mama Chrissie!
update update!
Post a Comment