Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wild Ones

Not "wild ones" as in "your kids are sure wild ones." "Wild Ones" as in the behavior of a one-year-old that's akin to the "Terrible Two's." I was going for alliteration. I also couldn't think of a good adjective that begins with "o." Onerous? Sometimes Simon can be nastily odoriferous. Anyway, as I was saying:

This is what happens when a child rips the labels off all your canned goods. I hope I'm not surprised with tomatoes next time I'm making something with black beans.

Remember my kids' "artwork" from before? This new piece (pen on couch upholstery) is all Simon's work.

This too.

It seems like almost overnight Simon has become wildly, wildly energetic. The other day he was chasing around a little girl who's twice his age. He has really worn me out lately. Trying to get him in his car seat is always a struggle, and surprisingly, getting him dressed is a big challenge (he's more choosy about his clothes than Rose ever was)! He can get really stubborn because he's on the verge of "big boy-hood," but doesn't possess quite enough motor or verbal skills to truly fit into that category. Today he was not going down for a nap so I took him out of his crib and brought him into my bed. He fell asleep on my chest pretty quickly and I was just amazed at how my little devil could instantly turn into an angel. I savored the feeling because extended moments of cuddling are rare. Even though he's nearly a big boy, he'll always be my baby.

2 comments:

Robin N said...

Oh so cute! Sorry about those torn labels and pen on the couch. Maybe there's a product that'll get rid of those pen marks? I don't know if you remember, but our white couches had red lipstick on them back in the "Pennsylvania Days"! (lucky I was able to flip over a couple of cushions!)

Laura said...

Nothing brings me more peace than watching a baby sleep. Simon and Rose are so angelic, Chrissie.